Friday, February 12, 2016

Social Networks and Job Hunting

While I don’t like the fact that Facebook is being used as a job recruiter, Facebook's use as a job-recruitment tool remains small, but its appeal may be growing, I do think it is a good profit for Facebook. Personally, I don’t use Facebook often, however I do have on and I do have my current education and my previous jobs listed. I use Facebook to connect with friends and family, but never have I thought that my personal page would be scouted for jobs. Facebook can utilize this new development and try to make a profit out of it, because even though it may be creepy and inhumane, it is a good investment and tool. Companies that are hiring can use this to their advantage by trying to leak their company through some ones account by the “Where do you work?” question on Facebook. Brands ranging from Burger King to the Chicago Bulls are “tweeting” on Twitter, so why can’t other companies use this as another way to get in the social media network. Companies regularly post ads or custom videos on video-sharing sites such as YouTube, which can be directly posted on to Facebook. Now I already stated I don’t like this version of job-recruitment by using Facebook and staking employees to see what they really are in real life, but it is very helpful. A job interview is one thing, but when a company hacks into your real life they see what you are hiding under the suit and tie. It can be used as a safety precaution, similar to a criminal background check. Or it can be used as a regular “who am I really hiring?” to see what type of personality this person actually has. Whatever or however it is used, in the end networking is networking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment